Tub Removal - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tub Removal

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby_3 View Post
For everyone that did this how long did it take you to remove the tub? I need to take my fenders off already and my hood needs some attention so I should do the tub as well when it's all apart. How long did it take to put it back on as well? Thanks
Goes pretty quick... 3-4 hours to half a day, off, and then the same on again...

BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #47
kevinmc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know this thread has gone yet Idle again but I have to ask this. I just purchased the frame from a 90 YJ to put under my my 93 YJ from what I have read overall length of the 93 is different than the 90 and the Roll cage set up is different were there changes to the body mounts to accomodate the different overall length or was that just because of bumper design?
kevinmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #48
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmc View Post
I know this thread has gone yet Idle again but I have to ask this. I just purchased the frame from a 90 YJ to put under my my 93 YJ from what I have read overall length of the 93 is different than the 90 and the Roll cage set up is different were there changes to the body mounts to accomodate the different overall length or was that just because of bumper design?
Tubs and frames are the same... roll bars were different... so no changes in body mounts...

what engine do you have? what did the doner frame have?
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #49
kevinmc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
Tubs and frames are the same... roll bars were different... so no changes in body mounts...

what engine do you have? what did the doner frame have?
Donor frame is from a 90, same engine
Donor frame alos came with steering box, front and rear axles, new front shocks, Leafs are in better shape

Missing is cross member for the transmission although on most frames I have looked at that this has been missing ??? ?
kevinmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #50
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmc View Post
Donor frame is from a 90, same engine
Donor frame alos came with steering box, front and rear axles, new front shocks, Leafs are in better shape

Missing is cross member for the transmission although on most frames I have looked at that this has been missing ??? ?
Yeah most will save or sell the belly skid...

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.