Trouble finding new body mount sleeves. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble finding new body mount sleeves.

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
MadMike03159
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Trouble finding new body mount sleeves.

I'm having trouble finding the steel sleeves that fit inside the body mounts on my 93 wrangler. I pitched 2 of them that were so badly rusted they couldn't be used again. I figured the new Daystar 1" kit would include them as it stated "All steel hardware included", but that wasn't the case.

I've read just about every thread I can find on the internet and can't seem to find a source. Surely I'm not the only YJ owner that's still having this problem, but all the threads I've found are 2-3 years old.

Any advice on an safe and cost effective way to make my own or a source to buy them new would be great.

MadMike03159 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I would take a a good one to a machine shop and see if they have any stock that is about the same diminsions. Is it just a sleeve of the mushroom lookign one?
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

all of mine were rusted beyond being useable when I restored my YJ...I used these

http://www.quadratec.com/products/55...FU6Z4AodCGUACA
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
jackbrit3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

sleeves

I made my own using black gas pipe and large washers.
jackbrit3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
johnboy68
HIP2BSQR

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbrit3
I made my own using black gas pipe and large washers.
Me too. I have a thread I started on this very topic. I have some pictures in it. I'm mobile right now. You should be able to find it under my profile if you want to see the pictures.

NOTE: Hindsight is 20/20. If I had it to do over I just would have went with a Procomp 1" body lift. I understand that it does come with EVERYTHING. Probably going to go with it sometime in the near future.

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.