Trouble connect hydraulic line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble connect hydraulic line

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 08-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
MadMike03159
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Trouble connect hydraulic line

I purchased a clutch kit from autozone for my 93 4.0l which included a slave cylinder with a new innovative quick connect line. The instructions boasted how much easier life would be with their new fitting .

The fitting on the old line does not fit securely in the new slave line. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. We've tried a number of ways to get this to work. The line goes into the fitting along with the plastic ring, the clip slides over the fitting and with a single pump of the clutch the fitting comes loose.

Here is a picture of the hydraulic line fitting.

Here is a picture of the slave line fitting.

I think that although Autozone's computer's showed compatibility, that I may have the wrong line-out attachment for the slave cylinder. That being said I really don't want to drop the transmission to swap the line, and I don't even have the old one anymore.

Does anyone know what combination of master cylinder's and slave line, from what model/year I need to make this work? And then there is the alternative... I'm doing it wrong

MadMike03159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
Jeepsr4me

Looks like the connector is missing th tab that holds he fitting
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
MadMike03159
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There is a metal clip and a plastic ring/sleeve included; but it still will not hold. I can take a picture of it "assembled".
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Jeepsr4me

If its done right it will not come off
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
MadMike03159
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Actually, I've confirmed that these two ends are not compatible. Some 1993 Jeeps came with a "fuel line" style connector while others came with the quick connect fitting seen in my first picture. Unfortunately, I have one of each type which does me no good. For anyone else that should ever have this problem you can order a hydraulic line or the connectors to do it yourself (so long as you have the tools) here:

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...ease-bearings/

This PDF outlines what I'm talking about, and what you can do to fix it:

http://www.advanceadapters.com/downloads/716130IR.pdf

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.