Trouble accessing u-Joint zerk - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trouble accessing u-Joint zerk

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Austin83
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Trouble accessing u-Joint zerk

I've got a 93 Wrangler and I can't get my grease gun's nozzle to fit in the tiny spot that the zerk is located. I've got a standard grease gun with a flex tube, but the actual metal tip is too fat to fit into that location. What does everyone else here do? Should I grind down the tip on the nozzle, or remove that zerk and add a longer zerk? I really don't want to take the u-joint apart everytime I need to grease it. Thanks in advance.

Austin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

take it apart one more time and replace the zerk with the flat needle type, then you can use the matching fitting to grease it. I have those everywhere, they are way harder to break off as well.
needle-fitting.jpg   needle-grease-gun.jpg  
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You can also use that adapter for your grease gun with a regular zert.
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
EZAces
1993 YJ Wrangler 

what joint is it on? If it's ont the t cace then you can put a cross that has the zirks on the caps.

[b][u][url=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/np-231-j-rebuild-sye-install-748821/]NP231 rebuild and SYE install[/url][/u][/b]

[b][u][color=blue][url=http://www.4x4country.net/register.php?REF=73]Fun online game I play while reading the boards[/url][/color][/u][/b]
EZAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

JBolty, you taught me something. I did not know about that zert. I always wondered how to use that attachment to my grease guns?

Well I be! I will be adding them to my arsenal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
You can also use that adapter for your grease gun with a regular zert.
How?
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #6
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just put the point of the needle where the ball is in the grease cert.
Push it in and hold it, pump the grease into it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.