Transmission Synchronizer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Synchronizer?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-03-2002, 07:44 PM   #1
WranglerYJ94

Transmission Synchronizer?

It's been getting harder to shift gears lately...and if I shift real fast it grinds. I have found the only way to not have the gears grind when i shift is to wait a few seconds then shift. It doesnt do it in all the gears, mainly when i shift into first when a light turns green and shifting from 3 ---> 4. Also, I sometimes can't downshift to 2nd, it will just grind. A local truck accessory shop told me it was my transmission synchronizer (spelling?) that needed replacing. How much of a job is this? Is it an afternoon driveway project, 30min project, or a $$$ job? Thanks for the help, yall are awesome.

Flowmaster exhaust
Lights
Lotsa 'stuff'
WranglerYJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
tophillrod

Quote:
How much of a job is this? Is it an afternoon driveway project, 30min project, or a $$$ job

This would be a $$$ job. I have the same problem, but only in 2nd & third. I have not looked for prices yet, but I have heard that it is somewhere in the vicinity of .....might as well just get a re-built one instead.... I am going to live w/ mine for now until it gets really bad, then I will deal w/ it (most likely buy a re-built one).
Warn tire rack
Dana44 rear w/ Track lock
4:10 gears
135k and running strong...
tophillrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2002, 08:57 PM   #3
RideRed04

Yup, mines going out too, and the throw out bearing is getting bad too, so when it all goes, its time for an nv4500 and a 350...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.