Transmission swap - length? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission swap - length?

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Transmission swap - length?

I am trying to find out if there is an automatic transmission that would be the same length as the AX15 that I can put behind my 4.0 as I don't want to have to have my new driveshafts cut/expanded to fit it in.

Thanks

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

anyone? ***crickets*** someone has to know this

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
xeroid81
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Automatics are typically longer than manuals.I had to move up the motor mounts to accomodate this. If you don't you'll end up with a ridiculously shorter rear shaft and driveline angle. Neither one of these situations is ideal. I know of no other methods to deal with it. It's a short wheel base. HTH
xeroid81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, but there is no way to move the engine forward or the fan would be in the radiator so I am thinking it would have to extend further back or be the same length.

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
xeroid81
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You don't use the mechanical fan. Dump it for an electric from a junkyard Taurus or an after market fan. They're better anyway.Lotsa guys on this forum did this mod.
xeroid81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.