Transmission Related (interior leak) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Related (interior leak)

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-24-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Transmission Related (interior leak)

I took the carpet out of my jeep because the carpet was rotted out by the stick shift. Then when i looked i noticed the transmission hump panel is not fully bolted to the floor board so there is some air getting in, when i went through water, even when it rains it leaks into the car, i wanted to get ne carpet, BUT i dunno how to fix this, do i have shop do it or do i silicone it myself, PLEASE HELP, i have the carpeting and i want to put the new stuff in but i will have to wait?

Thanks

Unread 10-24-2001, 05:53 PM   #2
powjunkie

Sometimes the plate under the shift boot becomes bent when it's removed for clutch maintenance. The first thing is to make sure that it's straight enough to make a good seal. Another problem is that some of the sheet metal screws could be stripped out, so you might have to go with a bigger size. I think that silicone would be fine for sealing it back up once everything is checked out. There is a seal that is supposed to be there, maybe it's missing or just not working like it should.
Unread 10-24-2001, 06:49 PM   #3
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Hey thanks, sound like i am boing to be busy tonight, i just got done removing the nerf bars for rocker panels now i am going to make my jeep SUBMERGEABLE, hell yes, thanks a bunch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.