Transmission Related (interior leak) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Related (interior leak)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-24-2001, 01:58 PM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Transmission Related (interior leak)

I took the carpet out of my jeep because the carpet was rotted out by the stick shift. Then when i looked i noticed the transmission hump panel is not fully bolted to the floor board so there is some air getting in, when i went through water, even when it rains it leaks into the car, i wanted to get ne carpet, BUT i dunno how to fix this, do i have shop do it or do i silicone it myself, PLEASE HELP, i have the carpeting and i want to put the new stuff in but i will have to wait?

Thanks

Unread 10-24-2001, 04:53 PM   #2
powjunkie

Sometimes the plate under the shift boot becomes bent when it's removed for clutch maintenance. The first thing is to make sure that it's straight enough to make a good seal. Another problem is that some of the sheet metal screws could be stripped out, so you might have to go with a bigger size. I think that silicone would be fine for sealing it back up once everything is checked out. There is a seal that is supposed to be there, maybe it's missing or just not working like it should.
Unread 10-24-2001, 05:49 PM   #3
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Hey thanks, sound like i am boing to be busy tonight, i just got done removing the nerf bars for rocker panels now i am going to make my jeep SUBMERGEABLE, hell yes, thanks a bunch.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.