Transmission Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Problem

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Transmission Problem

Ok so last night i was at the local advance auto and was getting new vacuum lines and fixed my leaks. Went to leave and my trans is locked into 2nd 😡 . So now i need a new trans, a guy was saying he gas a nv3550 with 130k on it....since im nit familar with these swaps....what do yall think? On a limited budget, cheapest way to get it rolling again, i know im keeping my 207TC and will have to get another spline to fit. I need a partslist so i can go to a parts store to get these items. And the 3550 is 500$

MOLAN LABE
KCCO
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

If you in no hurry post a want ad on CL or look around on there for the same trans, 87-early 89 will be same one. Some Cherokees may have used it too. LOTS of folks selling good used units cause they fear the poop trans that much. And yes you got a poop trans. The 3550 one will take more parts and effort than its worth. Can get complete AX15 with transfer case for 500. And thats your best bet.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yes im in a hurry and i dont have but a Stanley rachet set since i just moved up to MD lol so im kinda screwed on goin to a salvage yard

MOLAN LABE
KCCO
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Jeepsr4me

If you in hurry. Find someone that is selling the same trans. Cause the other one is gonna take a while
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.