Transmission Mount Bracket - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Mount Bracket

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
dmoneyjr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This is for a 4.2 with 5 speed manual. Ouch! This bracket also holds the catalytic convertor. Without it the cat bangs on the cross member and transmission. I replaced motor, trans, ball joints, checked calipers nothing stopped the banging. Went to a muffler shop "rigged" some mounts, no banging on medium bumps. Still banging on bad potholes and such. There might still be a bigger problem. 1st attached image.
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ssembly=621618
Also the bracket for the CAT is impossible to find. Item 16 in the 2nd attached image
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...driveLine=7417

jeep-exhaust-4.2-yj.jpg

dmoneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #17
dmoneyjr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I made a mistake! It's actually item 11 on the diagram that mounts the CAT to the torque arm item 10.
dmoneyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #18
NeverAgain-Two
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The JeepForum answers my questions again--priceless!! And thank you.
NeverAgain-Two is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.