Transmission Leak.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission Leak....

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
sauce90yj

Transmission Leak....

SO I have gotten my Jeep out on the road a little bit after the Engine swap http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/has-begun-yet-another-swap-thread-380164/, but now my tranny is leaking. I havent gotten it figured out. But it seems to be near the rear of the tranny just in front of the TC.

i noticed some fluid the other day but I thought I didnt think much of it because I had the TC off. Well today After driving around it was dripping off the skid plate! So Now I have to take everything apart and find it. It wouldnt be that big a deal except I have been so bussy I havent had time to work on the Jeep hardly at all, which is why the swap has taken so long.

argh!

I hope your day is better than mine!

leftovers (from the 4.0 swap) for sale.
sauce90yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauce90yj
SO I have gotten my Jeep out on the road a little bit after the Engine swap http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380164, but now my tranny is leaking. I havent gotten it figured out. But it seems to be near the rear of the tranny just in front of the TC.

i noticed some fluid the other day but I thought I didnt think much of it because I had the TC off. Well today After driving around it was dripping off the skid plate! So Now I have to take everything apart and find it. It wouldnt be that big a deal except I have been so bussy I havent had time to work on the Jeep hardly at all, which is why the swap has taken so long.

argh!

I hope your day is better than mine!
Same deal with mine, noticed it 2 days ago. Really not in the mood to pull the TC I think I am just going to add some stop leak and hope it clears it up. I know it won't but if it does.............

I will most likely end up replaceing the rear seal on the tranny, joy.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
TxYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

post back here when you find out what it is - my tranny is leaking also, but i haven't had the time to even see where it's leaking from. For a while i thouhgt it was my lift because i didn't drop the tc , but i only went 2.5" (netted about 3.25" getting rid of the sagging old springs) so i don't think that was it.
Does yours leak all the time? Mine only leaks sometimes, usually on longer (>30 mile trips).
Please post what you find.

1990 YJ with a 2.5" RE lift. Almost, kind of, sort of, in a wierd not so straight forwrd way, running real good! - Soon. I hope. - Please...
TxYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.