Transmission headache - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transmission headache

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Islander_child
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Transmission headache

Ive got an 89 yj with the 4.2 and BA 10 transmission. My luck the transmission has gone to crap so i need to replace it. Can someone tell me everything i will need to replace to upgrade to the AX 15? Also what models can i pull an ax 15 from that will work in my jeep?

Unread 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
lespaul_custom
1993 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/y...ite-up-312203/
The weird thing is that I thought I hear a minor bang, almost like a fart sound coming out of my Jeep, but I'm not sure what it was. It has never happened before the glue incident.
www.coosa.org white jeep club #1993 looking to buy complete rear seat belts
lespaul_custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Islander_child
1989 YJ Wrangler 

the write up cleared up some of my questions but what i need to know is what AX-15 trannys can i use? Are they all pretty much the same? Or are their differences between later year models or from different lines such as Cherokees? I dont want to buy a tranny i cant use or have to heavilly modify.

Tags
ax15 , transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.