Transmission Fluid Change
I have been told several different things. can you put 10w-30 motor oil in when changing the trany. I bought some penzoil sincromesh because of some grinding problems that i have. Is that what i should fill my transmission fluid with? and can i change my transfercase fluid with the same penzoil sincomesh?
Thanks for your replies
i put syncromech in my tranny.
it helped a little with my grinding.
but for the transfer case and such, check the FAQ.
Automatic trans fluid is what is called for in the transfer case.
This may help.
AX-15 tranny drain
AX-15 tranny fill plug
NP 231J transfer case drain & fill plugs.
And here's some differential gear oil change info.
How many quartz do I need to fill up a manual transmission on a 1990 YJ? I'm using penzoil synchromesh to help with grinding, but the Pep-Boys computer said I needed 7. It doesn't sound right to me. Any help is appreciated.
From the YJ FAQ:
What fluids do I use and how much do I put in my Jeep?
- Gear oil - 80 weight for light duty and normally cooler climates - 90w120 weight for heavy duty and normally warmer climates Note: Some rear axles are equiped with factory posi - a limited slip additive must be put in with the gear oil to extend and protect the limited slip action
Dana 30 = 2.5 pints
Dana 35 = 3.5 pints
Dana 44 = 4.0 pints
- 10w30 for good general usage in most climates
- 5w30 for those colder climates (when temps are below freezing for extended periods of time)
2.5L = 4 quarts (w/ filter)
4.0L = 6 quarts (w/ filter)
4.2L = 6 quarts (w/ filter)
- 80 weight gear oil but most recoment Redline MT 90 to protect the interals better. 75W90 is listed by some but the 80W is just cheaper to find with no ill effects.
AX-5 = 3.3 quarts
AX-15 = 3.25 quarts
BA-10/5 = 2.45 quarts
- Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Dexron III
TF 904 = 4 quarts
TF 999 = 4 quarts
- Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF+4
231 = 2.2 pints
|The time now is 10:32 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.