Transfer case vacuum switch replacement...help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transfer case vacuum switch replacement...help

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
dswi
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Transfer case vacuum switch replacement...help

91 YJ
AX-15 / NP-231

Just replaced the transmission, t-case, clutch. (with parts from a 1993 JY...as an assembly)

With the new (to me) tranny/t-case installed jeep will not go in 4WD.

Went in fine before the swap (so it's not the CAD)
The only thing I can think of is the transfer case vacuum switch...How do I replace it with the one from my original t-case?

Is it just unplug the vacuum block, screw the switch out, screw the other one in, and plug vacuum block back in....or is it more than that??

4WD gearing is right (in low) but the front axle is not locked in. Front drive shaft is locked to the t-case when in 4WD, but not locked to the front axle...and no 4WD light on the dash (the bulb works)

Darrin

Last edited by dswi; 06-06-2013 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: spelling error
dswi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, unhook lines, unscrew, screw other in, replace lines. And the lines should be on a large plug so its actually just unplug one deal.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.