Transfer Case Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transfer Case Questions

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-22-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
Willis91YJ

Transfer Case Questions

Just wondering what I would need to do to put a t-case from a 94 XJ with an i-6 into a 91 YJ with the same motor. From what I can find the speedometer sending units are in different spots but wondering what else. Thanks in advance

Willis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 07:13 AM   #2
Bob J

Did the XJ have part time or full time 4WD?

If it had part time you might have just have to keep the tail housing and maybe the main shaft off the YJ.

If it had full time the swap is going to be a lot more complicated.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
Willis91YJ

Bob,
It's an NP 231 which would lead me to believe that it is part-time. If thats teh case all I need is a yj tail housing and a drive shaft huh? Sounds good to me. Thanks bud
Willis
Willis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.