Transfer Case - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Transfer Case

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Transfer Case

Hey, I busted my NP231 transfer case and I'm considering replacing it with a dana 300. I will get the dana 300 flip kit and 4 to 1 lomax gears. I currently have 8.8 in the rear and dana 30 up front (from a cherokee so there is no vacuum).

What I wanted to know is, would the dana 30 handle the 300? I'm running 35s and do not plan to go bigger.

Thoughts? Thanks!

digizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Its tires you need to worry about, not the transfer case. I run 36's hard on my Dana 30 but I have thrown all the money I can into it sans a truss. The key is to create a weak link outside the ring and pinion. I prefer a cheap ujoint in each driveshaft to act as a fuse that will pop before something expensive does.

How have you built your 30?
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Everything is pretty much stock. It is a high pinion and I put in 4.88 gears. Also aussie locker. It does the job for what I usually do. I plan to add a truss someday soon.
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I also have spare shafts for the d30 - have not used them yet. *crossing fingers*
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think your tiny pinion will be the first to strip. I'm hoping it doesn't but watch it carefully.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.