TRANS PROBLEMS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TRANS PROBLEMS

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 07-18-2001, 12:40 PM   #1
GREGDOG95YJ

TRANS PROBLEMS

I have a 95 yj with the 4cyl. and ax-5.
I started having problems shifting second gear (upshift & downshift) I changed the gear oil but it helped very little. does anyone have any suggestions? Also, has any one had any experience with the nv3550 tranny
in the new tj? Is it a good choice for a swap?

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2001, 04:07 PM   #2
rayray

Sounds like your syncro's are going.

If your gonna swap, go NV4500 The only problem is matting it to a 4 banger.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2001, 09:50 AM   #3
GREGDOG95YJ

rayray, thanks for the help suggestion on the tranny problem I looked on a web site last night and it sells the nv4500 and adapter kit for a 4banger yj for between $1800 - $2000 bones. If you want to see for yourself at www.tellico4x4.com. They also had good pricing on winches.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2001, 02:03 AM   #4
I-4

I've got 95 2.5,with the illustrious ax-5.the tranny started giving me fits in several gears.unfortunately if 2nd is going other gears won't be far behind.i had to go w/ a rebuilt tranny i wanted to do a nv 4500---one of these days!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.