Trans Mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trans Mount

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #1
GRAVEE1K

Trans Mount

120,000 miles and the mount took a crap, I can jack the tranny up by the Tcase tail shaft and get day light between the mount like it just tore in 2. Going to 4 wheel parts to get a eurathane trans mount.

GRAVEE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 09:12 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Re: Trans Mount

Quote:
Originally posted by GRAVEE1K
Going to 4 wheel parts to get a eurathane trans mount.
Let us know what you think of that urathane transmission mount .. I am sure others have had similar problems.

What I did for my last one was to replace the whole skidplate with mounts for one off of another Jeep that was bein' parted out ..

Just to make sure you know, the bolts are to be loose, the mount should be solid (as per this FAQ )
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 10:32 AM   #3
GRAVEE1K

Unfortunately its not the outrigger bushings per se that are shot its the rectangular trans mount that is torn in half. 4wheel had to order one from Denver and since I like driving my jeep and not waiting for parts I went to nappy and got a regular rubber one.

I figure stock lasted 120k so hopefully the new one will do the same. cost was within a dollar so what the heck
GRAVEE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.