TRANNY HELP PLEASE!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TRANNY HELP PLEASE!!!!

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 06-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #1
Chris C

TRANNY HELP PLEASE!!!!

OK,
Yesterday I dropped my belly pan on my '89 YJ to replace the Tranny mount. The old one practically crumbled in my fist. While doing this, we accidentally let the rear drive shaft slip out of its tube. We simply put it back together while jacking the tranny up and put everything back together with a new tranny mount. Here's the problem...My tranny used to be a little noisy, but since then, it has been a lot noisy. Where and how do I check fluids and so forth? Any help or suggestions are VERY appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

30x9.5x15's on American Racing Nitro 15x8's
Custom Lock Box
Homemade Exaust
More stuff soon.
"I like it dirty"
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 04:25 AM   #2
Chris C

I said please. Anyone got an idea?
30x9.5x15's on American Racing Nitro 15x8's
Custom Lock Box
Homemade Exaust
More stuff soon.
"I like it dirty"
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 10:12 AM   #3
dasdaner

I believe the filler/check plug id up front passenger side. Good luck I hope it's the fluid. I'm changing my transmission this weekend.

88 yj 4cyl 2.5
dasdaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #4
moabster
2011 WK 

The drive shaft could be un-balanced. I had a similar problem with datsun 510 (OK it was 20 years ago) after I changed the transmission. I put the drive shaft back turned 180 degrees from how I took it off. I got a terrible shake in in the drive train. I took it to a guy who balances drive shafts and he diagnosed the problem and fixed it in just a few minutes.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2002, 11:00 AM   #5
lostboy

the driveshaft actually is from the back of the transfer case....there's a plug on the back of the case for draining and filling.....a chilton's manual would help here.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.