Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  killakeane 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
I had a similar problem a few months ago and it ended up being my internal slave so i replaced that and the clutch while my transmission was dropped, but after driving home from work the other day my clutch was slow coming back up and than lost all pressure and when i put more dot3 into the reservoir it would just leak out of the bell housing. What do you think the issue is? possibly a gasket or line?:confused:
Thanks ahead of time! :cheers2:

#2 ·
I think you answered your own question. It sounds like you have a bad slave cylinder. You might want to look at doing the external swap.

#3 ·
Bet the slave is shot again. New doesn't always mean no more problems. some of those things are made like crap these days. I might have one with MAYBE 5000 miles on it if ya want it. (If I didn't already throw it out)

I say keep the internal unless you can score the external bellhousing and parts for cheap. Que do you know if the same clutch can be used in the swap? To me pulling the tranny isn't really all that hard to do. Ive done mine more times than I care to say. Not for the internal slave tho. Maybe you'll get a good slave this next time.:cheers:

#4 ·
yeah, im pretty sure its the slave and the release bearing. I bought the slave of ebay so i guess it was just a POS hopefully the clutch plate didn't get soaked other wise im definitely going to be in the hole! haha ill just bring it too a guy i know at a transmission shop and have him do the work. thanks for the input gents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.