Tranny clanking problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tranny clanking problem.

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
yjfanatic94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tranny clanking problem.

I was driving my yj home from work, running about 55 and all of the sudden I heard this loud clunking and clanking noise, like metal hitting metal. (not a grinding noise) As soon as I pushed in the clutch it went away. I let out and there it was again, so I downshifted to 4th gear and it went away. Shifted back up to 5th and there it was again. I drove all the way home in 4th and as I'm slowing down to turn into my drive, downshifted to 3rd and there was that noise again. Every gear except 4th has this terrible clanking noise. Anybody have any ideas on whats going on??

94 jeep wrangler 5 speed. 2.5 litre. i think its the ax5 tranny. not exactly sure

yjfanatic94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.