tranny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tranny

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 11-11-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
jeep thing

tranny

I have a 92 yj when i put it in 4 low the gear shifter moves about 4inches. It does it in forward and reverse. I seems to do it when it is in a lot of mud or when it is towing something. Need a little help i dont think it could be good for it.

jeep thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
bob91yj

I'm not real clear on how it moves, but I'd take a look at your motor mounts and your tranny mounts for starters.
Unread 11-12-2001, 03:37 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Wish you gave a little more information .. the '92 YJ's had many different options, including different engines and trannys .. all of the transfer cases were the same between the different models.

Now, when you say it moves, which direction? Only when you use 4low? Is it the transmission shifter that moves, the tcase shifter that moves, or both of them together?

Also .. where in Canada are you?
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.