Trail cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Trail cover

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Trail cover

Wife got me a Bestop Trail cover for my YJ for Christmas this year and I finally got to use it last night when some storms moved into the area. Took me just a few moments to install with her help. It is no problem installing it alone but I did have her help. Although there is a puddle of water on top it is not sagging or pulling up from the ends. Since I go door and topless all summer long having this trail top with me is so nice. It comes with its own bag and will fit nicely between the back seat and tailgate. Beats the hell out of a wet seat I use to deal with before.
I'll post a picture of it later when I get to work.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I use mine all the time an love it! You will want to fashion something to create a peak in the center to keep the rain from pooling up. I've come out in the morning to find the cover nearly touching the seat because it was full of rain water, but the cover still didn't leak.
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I sewed one up using a regular tarp (my 2nd actually, 1st lasted 8-10 yrs), add some grommets to hold bungees, and I'm done for $25. I made it with 'elephant ear' doors so they cover the full door opening. Tarp material sews like it's not there, any machine will work. I found brown tarp somewhere, so it doesn't look 'tarp blue' when in use.
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
johnboy68
HIP2BSQR

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I sewed one up using a regular tarp (my 2nd actually, 1st lasted 8-10 yrs), add some grommets to hold bungees, and I'm done for $25. I made it with 'elephant ear' doors so they cover the full door opening. Tarp material sews like it's not there, any machine will work. I found brown tarp somewhere, so it doesn't look 'tarp blue' when in use.
This is a great idea. My current Rugged Ridge trail cover is on its third year and starting to leak and show signs of wear. I use mine all summer long as well. I keep my safari top on and that helps keep the water from pooling on it.

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/mo...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.