Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trade in value. need help asap.

404 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  xxxflhrci 
#1 ·
Alright,
I got a big question here....to me anyways. But im looking at getting a 1994 YJ with 128K that has been flat fendered and has no flares and is very bare bones. It has a cracked windshield and missing a front axle shaft. He is talking about trading it in. How much do you think he will get with hacked front fenders and broken windshield and missing axle shaft? And also i wanted to trade him for my grand cherokee and i was hoping i would get more money in a trade in than he would and that would be the leading edge for a trade with him. My grand cherokee is a 1995 with 131K. Just let me know what yall think asap! Hes looking at trading in in 2 weeks...so i need to know.
Michael

#2 ·
Jeep4x4nut said:
Alright,
I got a big question here....to me anyways. But im looking at getting a 1994 YJ with 128K that has been flat fendered and has no flares and is very bare bones. It has a cracked windshield and missing a front axle shaft. He is talking about trading it in. How much do you think he will get with hacked front fenders and broken windshield and missing axle shaft? And also i wanted to trade him for my grand cherokee and i was hoping i would get more money in a trade in than he would and that would be the leading edge for a trade with him. My grand cherokee is a 1995 with 131K. Just let me know what yall think asap! Hes looking at trading in in 2 weeks...so i need to know.
Michael
If he's buying a new car, they'll tell him he's getting about 1500 bucks for it. On paper he'll be getting about 50 bucks.

#3 ·
Ok so you think that they will give me more for my stock grand cherokee with same mileage?
thanks
Michael

#4 ·
Jeep4x4nut said:
Ok so you think that they will give me more for my stock grand cherokee with same mileage?
thanks
Michael
Yes, you would get more. But, it won't be a windfall. Dealers do not want high mile decade old vehicles. It costs them money to get rid of them. You are always better to buy straight out and then sell you old vehicle privately, even if it is far less than the dealer offered, because he's gonna mark his vehicle up to make up for appearing to give you a lot for your trade in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.