Track Bar and Sway bar removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Track Bar and Sway bar removal

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Tim3852

Track Bar and Sway bar removal

Hey guys every thread I have read in here has told me to remove both the track and sway bar to get more flex and better suspension looseness. I have absolutely no clue, where they are, what they do, or how to remove them. If someone could please post pictures and exaplain all of this for me it would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get the better flex and this seems like it is going to be a relatively easy way to do so.

Thanks
TIm

Tim3852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Think

Here's a link to an image og the sway bar on the front, but this one has disconnects on it. I was too lazy to look deeper. Just look for a bar running side to side under the front of your jeep, with links that look like this kinda.

back end is similar, but different

http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/pics/disco8.gif

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]I'm not a vegetarian because I like animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants[/COLOR]
Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
YJBlues
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The track bar goes from the axle to the frame, hard to miss. And whatever you do, never run your extended brake lines like the one in that picture.
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
unrealtrip
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The other posters are right, the track bars front and rear are easy to spot. It's the only bar that connects the frame to the axle diagonally. The sway bar has solid connectors like the silver thing in the pic above.

Your friends are right, a stock YJ Jeep with those removed/disconnected has a very noticable change in handling- off road, as well as on so just be careful if you go on the street without hooking them up. You will get used to it though, I'm on a sprung over Jeep with 35"s and no sway or track bars hooked up.
www.secretreality.com
unrealtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Tim3852

SO i am just unbolting them? HOw many of them are there perside, and front back etc. Like i said, more pictuires would be awesome.
-custom bumpers
-bored .040 over
-rebuilt engine, tcase, and tranny
Tim3852 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.