TPS voltage ... supply is showing .4 lower than it should - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TPS voltage ... supply is showing .4 lower than it should

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
intenseblu
1987 YJ Wrangler 

TPS voltage ... supply is showing .4 lower than it should

heya guys i finally got my rig driving around but i started a new job and am working about 14+ hours with commute included so that leaves no time to do real proper troubleshooting at the moment ...

however today i had a hour free i pulled out the ol voltage meter and tested the TPS just as the manual describes ... the first part of the test they tell you put it at a wire with the key in run mode and see the voltage. this is testing the TPS voltage supply wire as they want it to show 5 volts ... to my shock it shows 4.6 so either the wire is corroded all along and there is a resistance drop or the computer is not supplying the proper voltage due to a weakened and sure to fail one day voltage regulator within.

my question
... anyone ever see this happen and find it to be the computer that is the issue not the wiring ?

i am going to test the wire path as soon as i get a few hours free in a week or so but hopefully someone that has had this issue come up as well will chime in with some been there done that wisdom.

intenseblu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.