TPS or something else, help me find the right size radiator bolt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TPS or something else, help me find the right size radiator bolt

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFCurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
veritas4156
1991 MJ Comanche 

TPS or something else, help me find the right size radiator bolt

I just got my jeep running today after several days of 8 hour periods of working on it. It still runs a little rough, but I believe that may be due to a bad throttle position sensor. If I remove it the jeep runs exactly the same as if it were plugged in. Think this could be the cause of the rough idle and a sound like its missing in the mid range rpms(around 1400-1600)?

Second problem: I got everything back together except for the radiator mounting bolts on the top. I'm missing the two bolts that go in. Anybody happen to know the size of these so I can get my jeep on the road?

veritas4156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Brown Dog
Vendor

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes I do...are you getting an engine code on the TPS??

I'll go pull a radiator bolt and size it....standby

The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!!

Motor Mounts, Motor Mount Lifts (MML), and Engine Brackets for Jeep
100% HANDCRAFTED IN AMERICA

91YJ 2.5
Brown Dog Mounts and Engine Brackets (Serial Number 1)
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
35" GoodYear Mud Terrains
Conteract Balancing Beads
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
No Top, No Doors (Best Top Safari)
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
Brown Dog
Vendor

1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you are talking about the two bolts that go on the horizontal body cross member, I measure them as 5/16-18TPI. Let me know if you need something else.

91YJ 2.5
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
veritas4156
1991 MJ Comanche 

those are the bolts that go into the top of the grill? that sounds right i just don't really consider the top of the grill to be the horizontal cross member but im new to the whole jeep thing so eh.

Thanks though I'll go pick up a couple of those after cub scouts.
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Brown Dog
Vendor

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas4156
those are the bolts that go into the top of the grill? that sounds right i just don't really consider the top of the grill to be the horizontal cross member but im new to the whole jeep thing so eh.

Thanks though I'll go pick up a couple of those after cub scouts.
Top of the grill...that's right...my bad.

91YJ 2.5
2" BL
4.5" Superlift SL
AA SYE
Bulldog front bumper
Best Top seats
"Family" roll bar
25 foot 1/2" log chain
Unread 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Out of the two sensors on the throttle body, I always look at the TPS as the problem creator first, but before spending any cash getting a bunch of new sensors, I'd take the throttle body off and give all the cavities a good cleaning - the air passage associated with the idle motor can sometimes get clogged causing idling problems.

Hi-idle and miss fire can be caused by a number of things, including vacuum leaks. I normally disconnect all extraneous vacuum lines, plug the holes or hoses, and then give it a try - the only two that you really need to test the motor are the lines to the fuel pressure regulator and the MAP sensor, all the rest you can temporarily do without for this test. Another area of potential vacuum leak is around the manifold, but before you start to take anything apart, I'd recommend performing a vacuum test - here's a good writeup on vacuum testing basics.

Another good test to perform is the running fuel pressure test & fuel pressure regulator test - poor pressure can cause it to run bad.
Alfons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #7
veritas4156
1991 MJ Comanche 

alright i'm gonna try finding any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body. Any tips on how to clean the throttle body? I was also wondering how many vacuum lines are supposed to go to the intake. I have a crappy looking ebay intake on my jeep(came with it) and there are spots to hook vacuum hoses up, but I could only find the pcv hose to hook up to it. any other hose supposed to be there?
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
johnoutdoors
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I just cleaned my throttle body. Disconnect the TPS and IAC wires and remove the four bleeping Torx bolts, take the sensors out, get a container, a toothbrush, and some carb and choke cleaner and have at it. Be sure to get into the cavity that the IAC fits into. Oh and theres an O ring where the IAC meets the metal on the TB, dont lose it.
johnoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #9
veritas4156
1991 MJ Comanche 

thanks for the help guys, i'll let you know how it turns out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.