TPS confusion - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TPS confusion

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTR

I can't find a leak...been spaying carb cleaner but not noticing any change in the engine. I did not change the tb gasket the original is like a sticker and looks good.
Sorry... Changed the iac sensor

DTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The idle went high after the iac was changed and they're isn't any vacuum leak then I think I know what is wrong. There are after market iacs that have an adjustable pindle length. I think yours is too short and needs to be adjusted out.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #18
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ
The idle went high after the iac was changed and they're isn't any vacuum leak then I think I know what is wrong. There are after market iacs that have an adjustable pindle length. I think yours is too short and needs to be adjusted out.
How do you adjust?
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Adjust them by turning them. I have never done it. The oems are set but I am sure if you Google it you will find it. Some of them are adjustable and others will break if you try to spin the it so please check. Everything seems to point to the iac.
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #20
DTR
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ
Adjust them by turning them. I have never done it. The oems are set but I am sure if you Google it you will find it. Some of them are adjustable and others will break if you try to spin the it so please check. Everything seems to point to the iac.
Figured out the problem, turns out I installed the gasket in the IAC housing backwards. Chalk this one up to not paying attention when reassembling the throttle body.

Seems to be idling pretty good around 1000 hopefully it will settle around 800 after I drive it some more.

Thanks again for all the help, I really have been enjoying working on the jeep myself rather than bringing into a mechanic.
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear it. Do the battery reset.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.