TOYO Open country M/T - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-11-2006, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
frostylemon

TOYO Open country M/T

are the toyo open country M/T tires radials or biased tires anddoes anyone no if they are any good

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

They are radials. They are a very good tire. The problem is the limited sizes that are available. If you want 33s, you can't go narrower than 13.5. Same with 35s. I was going to get a set but they do not make 35x12.5x15.

http://toyo.com/tires/tire_specsheet.cfm?id=17

My Jeep - Video

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
TeraflexTJ

I've got the Toyos on my 2500 Ram and I think they are the best all around mud tire there is. I've got 10k on them and they look brand new. They pull my 8,000 lb truck through mud, snow, and deep sand; and are very quiet on the highway, and my truck still gets about 18-20 MPG.

And they do make the tire is sizes narrower than 13.5, mine are 35x12.50 R17 (maybe the rim is the difference)
post #4 of 4 Old 05-11-2006, 10:55 PM
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraflexTJ

And they do make the tire is sizes narrower than 13.5, mine are 35x12.50 R17 (maybe the rim is the difference)

Bingo. That's the problem.

My Jeep - Video

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.