Torque Arm Bushing Gap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Torque Arm Bushing Gap

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
sherwoodiv
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Torque Arm Bushing Gap

I tore a transmission mount wheeling the other weekend. I was getting a ton of clunking on starting in 1st gear. With the usual MeanMax writeup and a little CubeWiz write up plus some searching I got the parts swapped out.

At first I wasn't getting any clunking anymore without trying REALLY hard. I noticed a new clunk up front and turns on one of my motor mounts seems pretty shot in the rubber dept. I've got new ones on the way. The clunking got worse today. I wanted to make sure my torque arm as the right amount of play in it. It seems excess, but does match the CJ pic threads I saw in the search.

What do you guys think?

These are the threads I used:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...ement-1075968/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...cement-903109/

[URL="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:jeepforum.com%20yj%20[insert%20problem%20here]"]The YJ Problem Solver[/URL] - JeepForum.com membership is less than a Haynes Manual and has more pictures.
sherwoodiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That dosen't look right to me. BTW I found that with the Brown Dog motor mounts I do not need the torque arm at all. I just have a tranny mount and the Brown Dog motor mounts and everything is happy.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
sherwoodiv
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I am missing the push nut I've seen on some diagrams, but other than that all the parts are there. The push nut was not there. I figured it only made life easier by keeping the washer in place before replacing skid plate. Fortunately the nut worked and my rusty skid plate had enough room to pass the nut through so I could remove it and put the lowest washer and nut back on.

I ordered the Brown Dog motor mounts so hopefully this will just go away, but I agree it doesn't look right.

[URL="http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:jeepforum.com%20yj%20[insert%20problem%20here]"]The YJ Problem Solver[/URL] - JeepForum.com membership is less than a Haynes Manual and has more pictures.
Unread 10-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
sherwoodiv
1991 YJ Wrangler 

any suggestions?

anyone think it looks ok?

My engine mounts masked the problem, but I still think this doesn't line up

Unread 10-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
chicalibro3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine looks the same. I don't know if that's
a good or bad thing.
chicalibro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

With the Brown Dog motormounts I don't run the torque arm, I have not had an issue in 3 years.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I order poly urethane engine mounts from summit racing no problems with a clunking without the torque control arm.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.