Tops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tops

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-31-2001, 11:02 PM   #1
N.E Ga. Jeep Man

Tops

Ok guys somebody help me out here.Bought a 92 6cy. YJ in April .It looks new and probably never been in the woods had 135k mi but runs perfect.The person I bought it from gave me 3 tops and one is a hard top.The hard top has the back (lift gate) glass broken.While I was fixwn to load it to get a new glass installed I noticed the corners (where the doors shut) was rounded.My soft top doors is squared at the top corner.Will my doors work on the hard top. Unfortunatly I noticed this the day after I ordered a set of slider upper doors

N.E Ga. Jeep Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2001, 02:18 AM   #2
sc jeep man

Well son, I'm not the brightest bulb in the room. It sounds to me as if maybe you are lacking a chicken mcnugget have a full happy meal. Everyone knows you can't place a square peg in a round hole.
sc jeep man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2001, 02:52 AM   #3
N.E Ga. Jeep Man

SC Jeep Man I was askin to see if there was any drip rails or some other type bar that would compensate for the mis-match.Its obvious a square did go in a round hole,and thats why you were born.Learn to make a sentence before your next smart crack.
Unread 08-01-2001, 04:07 AM   #4
Somohllik

Just remember that we all have a mutual love for jeeps and the rest will be okay.

[url="http://www.Soundom.com/cgi-bin/affiliate.cgi?id=Slimmy"]Click here to make money for listening to music !![/url]
Somohllik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2001, 11:12 AM   #5
GREGDOG95YJ

I hate to say it but there are a couple ways to get around it and none of them are cheap . First, you could get two sets of upper doors, one set for the soft top, one set to match the hard top. Second, you could try to find a used set of full steel doors to use with the hard top. Another option is if the soft top is going to need replacing soon anyway, cancel the upper doors you already order if you can or send them back and order new softtop and upperdoor kit with hardware that gives you the same door pattern. good luck figuring out your problem.

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2001, 05:51 PM   #6
N.E Ga. Jeep Man

Gredog..Thanks.After lookin at a lot of pics I realized my problem.My soft top is in excellant condition and wont need replacing for awhile.If I use the hard top Ill have to get rounded doors,but IM considering just selling the hardtop,replacing the back glass and a differant set of doors is kinda more expense than I want to go,and besides I like the conveince of removing the soft tops depending on the weather.Thanks for the help
Unread 09-15-2001, 11:53 PM   #7
wrongway

NE GA Jeep Man member #1115
SC Jeep man member #1116...hmmmmmm funny!
wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.