Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Toggle/rocker switches

3K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  ZR90YJ 
#1 ·
I have a 95 yj and im wanting to put "extra lights" and i dont know where to put the switches...where do you have them?

#9 ·
I tried all kinds of toggles, then gave up on them.
Under the gauges is just a large empty space.
I see people mount switches there.

Or, look at Daystar switch pods. They're for JK's but can easily be modded to fit our YJ's

Reactions: theblademaster
#22 ·
DirectMatrix said:
Any idea if Nick has a build thread or any additional details regarding this overhead panel? I'm totally digging it. Looks awesome.
From what I can do on my phone I haven't found it...I'm gonna try my computer later when I have time. I'll post back when I find something.

#24 ·
theblademaster said:
i forgot about the sand.... dont they make ones with rubber caps? like they use on boats? Do they make illuminated ones? ill have to check there, any idea on whats behind that?
personally I'm not sure I'd like to have hard things pointed at my kneecap in the case of a sudden frontal impact causing an immediate unplanned stop. Rockers don't offer one's knees the same features that toggles do.

#25 ·
Almost forgot --

Left to right --

The blue will be replaced with a red one - up is off - when down ( like a light switch ) it will turn off the yet to be installed electric radiator fan which will then glow red - to remind me its off -- duh --

Middle is the 4 -- H-4 light bar lamps - through 2 relays --

Right - middle is just regular back up lights -- down is 2 -- H-4 lamps w/ the back up lights --- up is full time rear floods --

#30 ·
simple toggle's in the factory hardtop control location. (1st switch: hella spots on the grill guard, 2nd: 3x3 bumper mounted leds, 3rd: 3x3 windshield hinge mounted leds). suffices for now......... for now. if i ever need more switches for accessories - i'd remove them all and relocate to the top of the windshield with a cross member connecting both rollbar to winshield frame tie-ins. The toggles glow blue when activated.

Attachments

#40 ·
I put mine in the stock position. Didn't see it mentioned but https://www.otrattw.net/ is a great place to get switches. Excellent customer service and they can make custom switches (graphics and light color).

Attachments

#45 ·
DirectMatrix said:
Friendly reminder if you were able to find anything. I'm really interested in doing something similar to that overheard switch panel this summer. ~DM
I couldn't find a legit build thread but I searched his yjotm archive lol. What he did was used a "rock hard 4x4 Bolt in ultimate sport cage" as a base. Used some metal plating for the center two bars, then put the switches in the panel thing. Didn't exactly find anything that shows what he did.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.