TJ soundbar wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ soundbar wiring help

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

TJ soundbar wiring help

OK so I don't really need THAT much help- but I just spent 1/2 hour trying to search this. I give up! Here's my ask:

I bought a unknown year TJ soundbar with a dome light. It has the 6 pin connector, but didn't come with the dongle/pigtail for the "body" side harness. I contacted the seller and they already disposed of the junk jeep.

I can make up a harness just fine for feeding the dome light power, the ground to the door switch, and the speaker wires, but it would be so handy to have the TJ body harness plug. Is there a source for this? Part number? There are some harnesses on eBay but they want too much imho. If I could just buy the plug/connector or the connector and pigtail I would be happy.

Any resources? Or do you have one you can PM me about?

Thanks

Unread 08-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So nothing on the chassis-side TJ plug I guess? Hard to believe I am the only one who ever wanted to do this....
Unread 08-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
JWELK
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Chrysler is pretty generic. Look at the connector kits for after market radios. The dealer may help, get an FSM for a TJ you may find something.
JWELK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
kmagnuss
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Or just use a few bullet connectors and label them so you can take them off/on easy.
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWELK
Chrysler is pretty generic. Look at the connector kits for after market radios. The dealer may help, get an FSM for a TJ you may find something.
That is a good idea! Thanks
I just wish there was a Delphi or Wurth part # like for the trailer hitch connector mod- that was easy
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

is this it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171026967254?lpid=82
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
hndswthtshdws
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The time it will take you to find the right plug is many, many times greater than the extra 15 seconds it will take to plug in the 6 wires individually every time you remove the sound bar. Which will probably be just once.

Thats my opinion anyway.
Unread 09-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #8
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure
That is a good idea! Thanks I just wish there was a Delphi or Wurth part # like for the trailer hitch connector mod- that was easy
Get weatherpak connectors and do it that way. Easy peasy.
Unread 09-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #9
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I certainly wouldn't do 6 individual wires. But I would definitely just make my own 6 pin wire clip (like in the ebay link). I would just buy both sides and make both connectors.
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2014, 06:02 AM   #10
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134
is this it? [URL="http://www.ebay82[/URL]
That is perfect! Sure single plugs or whatever else would work but if I take the time and patience I think using a factory plug is simpler/cleaner in this instance.
Thanks!
Unread 09-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #11
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered two of them so both DD and project/summer jeep are interchangeable that way no matter if I by another TJ 'bar or not it will just plug right in...

Thank you again- all I came up with was those $70 harnesses which seems like a lot for a take-off part!
Unread 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

About 2 bucks each. OEM quality and waterproof.
12015799_3.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.