TJ RD44 under a YJ w/CS? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ RD44 under a YJ w/CS?

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
UPnOVER

TJ RD44 under a YJ w/CS?

TJ RD44 under a YJ with coil suspension.
Has anyone done this? Are there any problems that you could share with me and any tricks that could help.
I don't see a problem with it but could use some info on it.

Thank for the info.

UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2002, 01:51 PM   #2
Bob J

if you keep stock height there shouldn't be any problem.

You might have to make some custom cross-members and brackets though.

If you just want a D44, I would cut and weld new mounts on the axle and keep the leaf spring rather then welding new mounts on the frame.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2002, 02:34 PM   #3
UPnOVER

I am doing a spring over up front with the 3" lifted springs I have on now. I was thinking that I could find a TJ RD44 and put the 8" coil in the rear. I like the way that set up works. I have only seen it in pic and it looks like it kicks a$$. A lot of people tell me to do a spring over all around but I dare to be a little different. I also need to learn how to do the repairs so if it brakes I can fix it. I am trying to have a Built not bought rig because I do Not have good luck with mechanics.
UPnOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2002, 04:46 PM   #4
Bob J

if you want to be different, do coil over up front, and 1/4 eliptical in the rear

with that much lift, the longer pinion of the D44 will come into play, but I assume you already thought about/have an SYE

you might want to get HD brackets for the axle then, you will also need a trackbar relocation bracket for the axle.

Sig v.55
Bob J is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.