TJ hardtop on a 91 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ hardtop on a 91 YJ

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 09-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
JDUB_306
1991 YJ Wrangler 

TJ hardtop on a 91 YJ

Okay, so I have been trying to hunt down a YJ hardtop for a long time now, there aren't any that I have been able to find in my area. BUT TJ tops go up for sale pretty regularly... Annoying I know. But anyways, awhile back I was checking out this one guys YJ build and he had the same problem as I am currently having and finally he gave in and bought a TJ hardtop. He had a thread that showed exactly how he modified the top to fit his YJ and it looked great. Now, I've been considering buying a TJ top and doing the same, but, for the life of me, I now can't find that friggin thread!! I can't remember exactly what he did, I know he trimmed the top a bit where it meets the windshield and he used some sort of weatherstripping but I didn't exaclty take notes haha.

JDUB_306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB_306
Okay, so I have been trying to hunt down a YJ hardtop for a long time now, there aren't any that I have been able to find in my area. BUT TJ tops go up for sale pretty regularly... Annoying I know. But anyways, awhile back I was checking out this one guys YJ build and he had the same problem as I am currently having and finally he gave in and bought a TJ hardtop. He had a thread that showed exactly how he modified the top to fit his YJ and it looked great. Now, I've been considering buying a TJ top and doing the same, but, for the life of me, I now can't find that friggin thread!! I can't remember exactly what he did, I know he trimmed the top a bit where it meets the windshield and he used some sort of weatherstripping but I didn't exaclty take notes haha.
I find TJ tops to be more expensive then YJ tops. TJ tops are newer and have a longer front lip area then YJs which is why they need trimming.
Your post is asking about modding a YJ hardtop on a TJ. but your subject heading is the inverse, TJ hardtop on a YJ.?
Which is it that you want? Lolz
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB_306
Here's the original thread..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/cj...ardtop-740392/
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.