post #1 of Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
JDUB_306
1991 YJ Wrangler 

TJ hardtop on a 91 YJ

Okay, so I have been trying to hunt down a YJ hardtop for a long time now, there aren't any that I have been able to find in my area. BUT TJ tops go up for sale pretty regularly... Annoying I know. But anyways, awhile back I was checking out this one guys YJ build and he had the same problem as I am currently having and finally he gave in and bought a TJ hardtop. He had a thread that showed exactly how he modified the top to fit his YJ and it looked great. Now, I've been considering buying a TJ top and doing the same, but, for the life of me, I now can't find that friggin thread!! I can't remember exactly what he did, I know he trimmed the top a bit where it meets the windshield and he used some sort of weatherstripping but I didn't exaclty take notes haha.

post #2 of Old 11-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB_306
Okay, so I have been trying to hunt down a YJ hardtop for a long time now, there aren't any that I have been able to find in my area. BUT TJ tops go up for sale pretty regularly... Annoying I know. But anyways, awhile back I was checking out this one guys YJ build and he had the same problem as I am currently having and finally he gave in and bought a TJ hardtop. He had a thread that showed exactly how he modified the top to fit his YJ and it looked great. Now, I've been considering buying a TJ top and doing the same, but, for the life of me, I now can't find that friggin thread!! I can't remember exactly what he did, I know he trimmed the top a bit where it meets the windshield and he used some sort of weatherstripping but I didn't exaclty take notes haha.
I find TJ tops to be more expensive then YJ tops. TJ tops are newer and have a longer front lip area then YJs which is why they need trimming.
Your post is asking about modding a YJ hardtop on a TJ. but your subject heading is the inverse, TJ hardtop on a YJ.?
Which is it that you want? Lolz

2006 Chevy Silverado (DD)
1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport (DD)
1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler *Parts Vehicle*
post #3 of Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB_306
Here's the original thread..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/cj...ardtop-740392/

2006 Chevy Silverado (DD)
1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport (DD)
1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler *Parts Vehicle*