TJ Corner Guards - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > TJ Corner Guards

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 08-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

TJ Corner Guards

I know some on here have the TJ corner guards on their YJ. Just wondering if any modification is needed to the tailgate hinges or anything like that to make them work. Looking at buying some to cover up some trail damage (and to prevent more) and also to give me a better idea on TJ flare fitment as well as motivation to relocate the gas fill.

Unread 08-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't have to modify the hinges or anything. The TJ hinges are much wider so the opening is well obviously wider. I used some spray on bedliner under mine because I didn't want sand and what not getting in there and grinding down the paint. I did the TJ flares at the same time to make sure they lined up well. Also the filler neck is in kind of a tough area right there due to the rear wheel well, but you can make it work.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks a bunch. I was almost positive it was you that had the TJ corners (I'm looking at buying similar ones) but I wasn't sure so I didn't just PM you.

Thanks again.
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a set of the Gen-Right TJ corners.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=CNR2001

Only thing i dont like is the gap on the tailgate hinges, since TJ hinges are bigger. I think I will get it filled in and go from there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.