tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tires

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 02-28-2002, 03:50 AM   #1
collegewheeling

tires

i was just wondering if i could fit 31x11.50 with out a lift on a 94yj. I know it would be useless off road, however it will only not be lifted for a few weeks. cash flow permitting. And i can get a great deal on these tires now. Any suggestions?

collegewheeling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2002, 06:10 AM   #2
dartboy

I'm no expert but from what I had read here, they will fit but you will get lots of fender flare rubbing. Probably damage the fender flares some. But if you are lifting it soon anyway, buy them. You can always put them on later or put them on now and avoid serious off roading.
dartboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:01 AM   #3
bobznew

For the time being, they ought to work okay, as long as you don't plan on doing much flex. I would think they would rub with any flex at all.
Unread 02-28-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
SBall

Yes, they will fit. In fact, I just saw a jeep with 31's on my walk over from my parking garage. He had no lift and had these tires on the stock 15x7 rims. Of course, he had almost no clearance. If you are careful and drive very slowly over bumps or potholes, you might not tear up your flares.
Unread 02-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
Don Tibbetts

Yes you can put those tires on without a lift. I had 30 x 9.50s on my stock 7" wheels with minimal rubbing. However, I had many friends who wanted that extra inch. They will fit but they will rub. You will rub your fender flares when you go over big bumps. If you're planning on lifting it soon and you've got a good deal on the tires now that won't be there when you get the lift, I would buy them and hold on to them until I got the lift or drive very carefully with them on.
Hope this helps
Don Tibbetts
Don Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2002, 01:28 AM   #6
collegewheeling

thanks for the info, i'm going to buy the tires and drive carefully till i get a lift
Unread 03-01-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
wetodddid

I put 32x12.5 on my stock 89 before i did my lift this past weekend. they WILL rub. there is a semi-circular area where the tires have rubbed away some of the fender flare on mine. it looks fine but i am thinking of replacing them anyway. i ran like that since september...if that gives you any idea.
Unread 03-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #8
Billy Badass

They will fit but they will rub badly, here's my two cents. I have an 88' with a three inch body and 32x11.50's on the stock rim with out rubbing. Just go out and buy the 1 1/2" shackles, it will cost you about 60 to 80 bucks, but they will fit and you can still flaug it. That will take care of your problem and then you can sat that you have a lifted jeep.

Later

88' YJ 3" body, 32x11.50 ProComp Mud Terrain. JKBII Carb Mod. Nutter Bypass and a new ignition. White Faced Gauges with blue backlighting. Sone to come 4.10 gears and lockers.
Billy Badass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2002, 08:06 PM   #9
collegewheeling

yeah, i was thinking shackel, with a 1" body. but have to go slow, i'm on a college buget. thanks for all the advice, it's always good to get others opinions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.