Tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tires?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
90wranglerguy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Tires?

Hey guys, Im looking at all terrain tires for my YJ and im not sure which ones toget. My jeep is a daily driver and I take it trail riding on the weekends. I dont care about if theyre loud i want them to perform off road while well mannered on the road. I was looking at getting the tires in 33x12.50x15r. I heard the bfg KO AT's are good but does anyone recommend anything else?

Unread 11-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Goodyear duratracs are another great tire for dd/weekend warrior.
Unread 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My KM2's are great on and off road, not too loud and also wear very well. I have about 8K on them and they are barely worn.

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
amiller
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm rather partial to the Cooper STT. It has been a great tire for me. Reasonably quiet and never left me stuck where I play.
Unread 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The km2's aren't exactly marketed as all terrain tires but they fit the criteria you're looking for and they look great on any jeep. Well unless you have rockstar rims.
Unread 11-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I love my BFG A/T KOs. I went from Mickey Baja Claws to the A/T's. I tell you the ride was infinitely better and my mpg's went up just a tad too. My favorite a/ts were Mastercraft Courser AT2's. But they didn't sell them any bigger than 31's. But I remember hanging with the big boys with that tire.
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I really like my Yokohama Geolander AT/S's. Finally had a chance to test them last weekend and they performed perfectly on rock, sand and mud. They're quiet as a mouse on the road and, based on how they're wearing on my wife's truck, should last a long time on the Wrangler.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another KM2 proponent. They do well in the rocks and the little bit of mud I have to go through. They are relatively quite for a M/T and wear well on the road. I've had mine for over 3 years and I have about half tread left and I drive my jeep to all the trails (which could be hundreds of miles away) wheel it and drive back.

Like always that's just my 2 cents.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have the BFG A/T KO's and really like them. For the way I use my jeep, (DD and weekend trails) they work great. If you do alot of really heavy trail riding, then I would go with an M/T style tire.

As far as mud or soft dirt and sand the A/T's work really well. I have heard that M/T's can dig themselves into loose sand, but I have not run them, so I don't have experience there.
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.