Tired of exhaust leaks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tired of exhaust leaks

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tired of exhaust leaks

This is the third time now that I've gone wheelin and my exhaust down pipe (piece that goes from the manifold to the cat) has gotten crushed and peeled back. Now there is a gap where it connects to the manifold and is leaking. It doesn't seem to be causing it to run rich, but it's very loud and very annoying. I'll be swapping in the 4.0L real soon and I don't want to pay for another exhaust down pipe only to have it either get crushed or replaced with one for the 4.0L. When I do swap in the 4.0L I'll be adding an Under Cover Fab engine skid that protects the section of the exhaust that I'm speaking of as well as the oil pan. Any idea on what I can do now to fix the exhaust and or move it out of the way so it doesn't get crushed again and totally ripped off this Saturday when I'm out on the trail?

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What choice do you have really, either fabricate and weld your own "tucked in" pipe, or fabricate some armor around it somehow.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes that's the conclusion I came to, but figured maybe someone else could chime in with an alternative. I'll just have to straighted and seal up the exhaust as best I can for now until it all gets replaced with the 4.0L

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.