tire question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tire question

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
wranglerboy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

tire question

I have a set of regul trailblazers on the yj now, but I noticed one is cracking bad and I am scared its getting ready to blow.. It looks fragile..lol Anyone know where I can get a replacement. Cant seem to find one. The other 3 are like new. If I cant find a replacement. What is a good 31x10.5 at the best price for a dd that may see mud occasionally.

wranglerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
MWguy101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Try Craigslist.com. You should be able to find what your looking for.
MWguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
wranglerboy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

no luck there...
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
tc90xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Tire store?? Just a thought. haha
tc90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
wranglerboy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

nobody seems to sell them anymore. I got the ones I got in 2001. Well the jeep sat on jack stands since then until 2 months ago. Maybe its the sign I need a lift and bigger tires
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
tc90xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Oh well i would still check the local tire stores. sometimes they stock used tires. And used tire stores. Just call around to all the tire stores around you and ask. Worst they can say is no. Are you all stock right now? If it were me, I'd get a good reputable tire. I just bought 4 35"x12.50 BFG Km2 Mud terrains. All four for like $980 bucks mounted and balanced and out the door. Might sound steep to some people on a budget, but really its a great price.
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
wranglerboy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I was looking at the 33x12.5 with a 2.5 inch lift. Is that enough lift? I do not wheel much just the occasional weekender..
Unread 02-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
tc90xj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly, I wouldnt go with that big of a tire. Every lift states that for a 2.5 lift a 31 or 32" tire max is recommended. A 4" lift recommends 33's. I have a 4" lift and a 1.25 shackle, and I barely clear 35s. I clear them though with tube fenders up front and the proper bumpstops in the rear until i get my rear fenders/crusher corners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.