Tire help. Please!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tire help. Please!!!

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
projectstarter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Tire help. Please!!!

Hello. I have a 90 YJ with a soa lift,high steering and a shackle lift. I have 15x35x15 Super Swamper bias ply tires and they suck. I had a shop install balance powder insie the tires and it didn't hepl much. The jeep has a bad tire wobble to highway speed. All the steering and suspension are new. I'm looking for a good tire for both on road and mud. I was thinking about BFG mud terrain os something like that. I was also offered a set of Toyo mud country at a good price. I would like to know what people have on their jeep that works well for them. I dont want to make anoter mistake like I did with the Swampers. Thank you for your help.

projectstarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have nothing but good things to say about my bfg km2s. I think you will be happy with either tire compared to the swampers.

90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
projectstarter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for the reply. I think I am going to get the BFG's. The Toyo's seem to be a bit heavier and I can get new BFG's for the price of the used Toyo's.
projectstarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
JeepMeGusta
1995 YJ Wrangler 

got to love the km2's.
CH_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
i have a rc 4" lift so far its pretty leveled, no sags, rides good on hwy, but around town on bumpy roads you swear that your riding a wagon. its a rough ride but oh well ill deal with it.
JeepMeGusta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I've actually been really happy with the General Grabber AT2's that I have.

They are dirt cheap compared to the BFG, and they have a similar tread pattern. I got them the same week that my brother got his BFG's and he's about to need new tires and mine are still at about 80%.

The performance is the same as the BFG's as well.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
jeepnbrett
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have the Toyo MT's and really like them. They are great on the road, clean out in the mud, and awesome in rocks. Air them down and they wrap around rocks and grab. Both the Toyo's and BFG's have a 3 ply sidewall but the Toyo is much more heavily built.

4.0, AT, 3.5 Fabtech, 1" SRS, 1" BL, 35x13.50x15 Toyo MT's, HP30, TJ shafts, Lockrite, 8.8, Power Trax No Slip, 4.11's, Warn bumpers, W8274, SYE, and a bunch of other stuff....
jeepnbrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
mattott
1990 YJ Wrangler 

hightec retreading coppies the bfg mt and at patterns have been runnign them on curretn and past trucks for years and love them!!
mattott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.