tire carier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tire carier

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 10-21-2002, 05:05 AM   #1
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

tire carier

i'm planning on making my oun tire carier. does anyone has done this? i would like to see some picuters of some different carriers to figure out how to make it. it will most likely be a triagle with reinforment in the middle, mounted on a bumber. i'm still stuck un the hings, the lock on the other side, and how to make the conecton with the frame. i would like to have the hings run in ballbearing, or if thats not possible in bushings. and the conection to the frame needs to be strong, because i want to put towhooks on it......

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

• Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
thewoodscrew
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm

i plan on building a tire carrier with this spindle pretty soon. it's inexpensive and appears to be pretty strong.

Thats not an oil leak, it's just marking its territory

White Jeep Club Member #8
thewoodscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 07:44 AM   #4
BuMpYJ

naekid, do your tires rub like no other? cause i think i have a set of those wheels in my garage with the stock tires on it

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 08:17 AM   #5
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Look around at equipment shops and i bet you could find your hinges, like a trailer place or farm equipment place

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2002, 11:26 AM   #6
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by BuMpYJ
naekid, do your tires rub like no other? cause i think i have a set of those wheels in my garage with the stock tires on it
Naa .. those tires don't rub on anything anymore .. those are my baby little 33" that I put on 'er last summer. This summer she got a set of 38" tires .. and I have 35" for winter drivin' on the street .. some mud-terrain's that I am going to have siped.

Actually, I always had tire rub .. when I was running 235/75r15, I rubbed. When I put on the 33" tires .. I rubbed. I put the 38's on her .. and I rubbed. I installed Bushwacker flares .. I didn't rub anymore I think I have finally figured out my problem
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.