Tips anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tips anyone?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
goinbroke89
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tips anyone?

As mentioned in a previous thread, I just installed a one inch body lift on my '94 YJ. I'm having trouble getting two of the bolts to thread back into the body. One on the passenger side rear and one near the rear shock on the driver's side. When I run the bolt up through the bushing and the spacer it won't start threading into the body. Suggestions please!

goinbroke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
johnboy68
Will work for parts

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The captive nuts should move a little inside their cages. They could be rusted in place and hopefully not stripped.

I would shoot some PB Blaster up in them, then get a long screw driver and see if you can move them around a little. This could get them in the right place to pickup your bolt threads.

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
tom_sprecher
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure all of the installed bolts are loose. Look up into the bushing and make sure the hole in the body is centered on the bushing and threaded hole in the captive nut is centered in the hole. If not, push the body around and use a drift or Phillips to move the captured nut.
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
bpounds

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Also, take a good look at the lead-in on those two bolts. Maybe try them in a different hole. It's pretty common to see bolts that are fubar right out of the box, especially cheap imported stuff. Might need to run a die down them, or at least use a thread file.
bpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
goinbroke89
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I will give it another shot and post the results. Thanks.
goinbroke89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.