tips for 2.5 rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > tips for 2.5 rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
gmorava
1992 YJ Wrangler 

tips for 2.5 rebuild

i have a 92 yj that has problems, i want to rebuild engine and was wondering if there is any machine work that i can have done to it to give it more power. something like shaving heads and how much to shave them, boring the bore and how much. and any other advice anyone has. i want to stay with the 2.5 so i dont have to do much other than pulling engine and rebuilding it and putting back in. any insight would be great.

gmorava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I would talk to your local mchine shop on compression ratios and cam choice for more power.
I would keep the CR under 10-1 to keep it mid grade gas friendly.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
gmorava
1992 YJ Wrangler 

actually i was thinking of keeping it under 9.5:1 unless 10:1 works good, and was going to talk to machine shop also. just wanted to ask on here because i know "jeepers" have come up with some pretty cool stuff and have heard other "jeepers" talk about things that work well and know of any possible problems when things are modified.
gmorava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
ddrongowski
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You could just buy an rebuilt engine. Quadratec has them for a little over $1k. It drop ships to your address, you swap out the engine, etc, then call the number on the invoice, and they come and pick up the old engine.
ddrongowski is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.