Time to VOTE. Who will be the December YJ of the Month winner????!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Time to VOTE. Who will be the December YJ of the Month winner????!!!!!!!!

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

View Poll Results: Vote for the Dec '09 YJOTM Contest Winner!!!!!!!!!
spyder873 5 1.68%
KMA Krawler 27 9.06%
Jamesx2 6 2.01%
nates93yj 114 38.26%
Xtremjeep 38 12.75%
Delta347 16 5.37%
Linemen339 3 1.01%
Plato2k5 5 1.68%
godzirra 12 4.03%
jsawduste 72 24.16%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 12-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Time to VOTE. Who will be the December YJ of the Month winner????!!!!!!!!

IT may be delayed but that time has come. Cast your votes for the December YJ of the month. Good luck to those that made it in. Rusty

If you need more info on someone, the usernames listed below are also links to their respective profiles.

Entry 1) spyder873

1994 Yj, 4.0 K-N cold air kit, rock-hard front bumper, smittybuilt 8000 winch 2.5" Rubicon Express lift. 1" shackle lift,1" body lift
Dana 30 - 4:10 ECTed locker, Dana 35 Posi 4:10s. Jks disconnects.
Ax 15, np231,rock hard harness bars, Corbeau 3 point hasnesses,
4wd rear bumper, 33-12.5-15 mickey Thompsons M/T's on 15x8 Soft 8's

Entry 2) KMA Krawler

Engine, Transmission and Transfer case: 4.0 engine and AX-15 transmission from a 98 Cherokee. NP231 Transfer case from a 2001 TJ.

Drivetrain: Front CV driveshaft, Rear Tom Woods CV driveshaft with SYE Kit.

Front Axle: Dana 30 out of a Cherokee, 456 gears, CTM u-joints, Chromoly axles, Aussie Locker and a Rock-it differential slider.

Rear Axle: Dana 44 out of a 90 Waggy, 456 gears with an Aussie Locker and a Rock-it differential slider.

Front Suspension: 4.5” RE Coil conversion, DIY spring buckets, frame mounts and Ballistic joints from Ballistic Fabrication. Custom trac bar (1.5”) w/ballistic joints Custom made long arm tri-link setup.

Rear Suspension: 4” leaf springs with boomerang shackles. Class III Hitch

Bumpers: Front and rear bumpers made by Thriller Customs out of Alabama . Stinger, hitch and 2 clevis mounts on the front, rear has 2 clevis mounts. Both bumpers are air tanks to be hooked up to a compressor in the future.

Recovery: 8,000lb Warn winch with license plate attachment.

Rocker Guards from 2004 Rubicon: Will put 1.5” tube on in the near future.

Engine: Throttle body spacer, custom made cold air intake and a Yellow Top Optima.

Tires: 35” BFG KM’s on 15X10 Black Soft 8’s, for off-road 36” Super Swamper TSL Radial on 15x10 Chrome Mods.

Rear Spare Tire Carrier: OR-Fab w/ 2 Gerry can holders and Hi-Lift jack mount w/Hi-lift Jack and dual CB antenna mounts.

Electronics: Cobra CB, Garmin GPS, Sirius Satellite radio and aftermarket stereo.

Entry 3) Jamesx2

I started off with a pretty much stock 90 YJ except for the soft 8s and BFG 30" tires
I have done most of the work myself except for the welding
Heres the list of mods done so far
4 wheel drive hardware 2 inch spring lift SOA
Rubicon Express hand throttle
Posi-lok
M.O.R.E 5/8: lift boomerang shackles
Aussie locked front and rear
JB4x4 SYE & double cv drice shaft
No trackbars
No swaybar
Smittybilt 8000# winch
Swamper Trxus M/T 35x12.5x15
15 x 7 AR-767 rims
OBA
Pontiac sunfire front seats
Full cage

Here it is the day I bought it

and here it is today

Entry 4) nates93yj

Hi im Nate, I got my jeep as a first car/xmas present my parents payed $500 and i payed $1000 of my money. When i got it, it was rusted out all over, So i set out to do a frame off restoration with taste full upgrades.
Specs: 1993 Canadian Jeep wrangler, 5spd, 4 cylinder. Tj flares, homemade rockers, Tj warrior products corner guards, Extreme Custom Fab tube fenders, homemade boomerang 5/8s shackle, Crown Auto 4 inch blue brake lines, RC 2.5 lift, 31x10.50 Cooper Discovory SST, LED tail lights, Sanden OBA, 4.0L TB swap, WARN XD9000, JKS 1 mml
Near future upgrades: Homemade bumpers, High line, tube rear fender flares, 8.8 with 4.10s with an ECTED

8 months later

Entry 5) Xtremjeep

1988 YJ sahara. 4.2 I6. 231 transfer case with slip yoke eliminator, CV drive shaft, dana 30 front axel with 4.88 gears and ARB Locker. Dana super 35 rear axel with 4.88 gears, detroit locker, chrome moly axels. 4" BDS lift. 33" truxs tires, american racing wheels. custom made bumpers, side bars, and armor. 8000lb winch. Racing seats with 4 point harness.

Entry 6) Delta347

Jeep: 1990 Wrangler YJ, 4.2L I-6

1990, AMC 258 I-6. Power Master High Output Alternator. Optima Red Top. 102inch Whip Antenna. Ball Mount. 32 Inch tires. Rubicon rims. 2.5inch Old Man Emu lift. Custom made front and rear bumper/tire carrier. A/C Removed. Posi-Lock. No-Slip Locker In Dana 30. Ford TFI upgraded dist cap, rotor, and coil. Fenders cut back for maximum flex. H4 Conversion Headlights. LED Replacement Taillights. Back up lights. KC HiLites long range lights (circular on front bumper). Baja fog lights. Interior Carpeting removed, all herculined. Tuffy center console. Boomerang Shackles. Sway bar quick disconnects. Tracbar removed. Sure Step 3inch side steps. Custom overhead 'utility bar' with CB, clinometer, thermometer, digital clock, and compass mounted on it. Nutter Bypass (Yes In california and I can Pass Smog with my stock carter, that makes my jeep special).

I like to think my YJ is special for two main reasons. The lesser of the two being that I hand painted in less than 30 hours the entire YJ from all white to Jurassic Park. Besides the vinyls I created the paint job from scratch on my own using 1 bucket of rustoleum, 1 bucket of bear and 3 foam rollers (4 inch longs). The second reason being that even though it is nuttered and running the stock carter carb and one of the pulse air pipes is corroded in half it can still pass smog! Also my Jeep is named Sheila, she has a lot of attitude, don't doubt her. . . I did once. . . she stopped working for a whole day until we lit her carb on fire and almost my good friends foot in the process. She also only has 97,000 miles on her!

I didn't paint my Jeep this way for the attention, I did it for the fact I love my Jeep, I love the movie, and I love giving people something to be excited about. I'd love to be able to say she earned an official recognition.

Entry 7) Linemen339

This started off as a summer toy for myself about 3 yrs ago. Soon after I got the YJ the frame let go and it sat in the yard until I got married. The wife wanted to drive it. Being the frame was junk and unsafe to drive I started with another frame and what you see in the pics is where I am at now. Just over 5 months so far on the build. I am going to paint it in the spring with military paint. It took 3 days to find the supplier for the military paint. Hope you find the two pics ok for the contest. I have not driven it on the road yet.....

It is a 1990 YJ with a 4.2 and A TF999 tranny.
M.O.R.E. Revers shackle system front and rear
4 Inch skyjacker lift
1 inch M.O.R.E body lift
SYE with Tom woods drive shaft front and rear.
New stainless steel lines
Kilby tank skip plate
F250 shock towers.
M/T Baja Claws 35x12.5x15
Gen-Right tubes fenders front and rear
Gen-Right sliders
MetalCloak inner fender wells
Eastwood chassis products
Complete body off restoration
ford 8.8 rear
D30 front

Thanks Patrick

Entry 8) Plato2k5

I own a 1988 Jeep YJ painted Metallic Canyon Blue with the following specs:

Engine:

Mopar 360 LA
Bored .030" over
Sealed Power hypereutectic flat top pistons
Raised compression to 9.8:1
Comp Cams Extreme Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
Port and polished stock heads
Ceramic coated block huger headers
Mopar hi-flow water pump
Summit Racing Aluminum radiator
Black Magic 3,000 Cfm electric fan
MSD 6AL Box w/ blaster coil
Air intake routed through firewall to inside cab. Filter sits behind glove box
Chevy TBI from a 350 engine
My own fuel injection setup and tune using MegaSquirt

Trans / t-case

Mopar 727 3-speed
Rebuilt with Kevlar clutches and bands
B&M Stage III shift kit
B&M Ratchet shift
Dana 300 flipped with twin sticks
Upgraded yokes

Axles

Front Dana 44 Hi-Pinion from a 78 F-150
4.56 Precision Gears R&P
Detroit truetrac LSD
Warn Premium locking hubs
Heavy duty DOM steering with Hein Joints

Rear Ford 9"
Daytona pinion support
Moser 31-spline axle shafts
4.56 Precision Gears R&P
Detroit Locker
Custom Disc break setup

Suspension / Tires

SOA
RE 1.5" SOA springs
1" BL
Shackle Reversal
Front stretched about 2"
Rear stretched about 6"
35x12.5R15 Mud King tires

Safety / Recovery

Designed and Built roll cage
Mastercraft front seats
5 point harness
Seats and harness tied to cage
15 gal Aluminum fuel cell behind rear seat
Warn m8000 winch
front and rear tow points

Other

CB radio
Autometer gauges
Front hood vents for cooling

This jeep was bought by my parents when I was 17 (I am 23 now). It started out as a normal YJ on 31" and a 4.2L engine. It has seen many transformations in the past years and will continue for years to come. People always ask how much money I have into it and I tell them I do not know nor do I care to. I know its a lot!!! Another question that is always asked is when I will be done. Honestly, I do not think it will ever be done. I'm always out in the garage finding something to fix, replace, or make better. I don't think I will ever be able to sell the jeep as I will loose a lot of money on it. Plus this project has been a great learning experience with working on cars, fabrication, body work, and it was a great family project as my dad and brother both helped me.

Since I live in MI we are around 220miles away from Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Three times in the summer we will travel there and stay the weekend with my dad, brother, uncle and all of his friends. They all bring a 4x4 and its always a great time. I sometimes head to the Mounds for some mud and trail riding but I do not like the cleanup afterwords!

I have a lot of fun driving this around town in the summer and getting looked at from everyone. Even girls will follow me to the gas station to say hi. Its great until you realize that they are sometimes teenagers. This jeep has provided me with many great memory's and I know there are many more to come and I look forward to that.

Thank you for this chance in rig of the month, and good luck to everyone!

-Kirk

Entry 9) godzirra

Year & Model 1992 YJ Wrangler
Engine I6 4.0 HO
Transmission ax15
Transfer Case dana 300
Front Axle chevy 8.5 10 bolt
Rear Axle chevy 8.5 12 bolt
Gear Ratio 5.11
Suspension 3" bds springs and shocks, custom highsteer knuckles
Tires 38.5 super swampers
Wheels 15x10
Recovery lots of rope and snatch straps. ramsey winch
Armor transmission skid
Accessories
air compressor made out of a a/c compressor, 98
durango steering box, 1 ton tierods, 800w power
inverter
Future Mods
350 small block or a 4bt cummins
well i think if it wasen for my buddy jason i would have never got into the jeep "thing". i am hoping to one day have the cash to do a 4bt swap with a nv4500 and my dana 300 t-case. cant wait to get her back on the rock face. by the way my jeep photos were from when she was tan and aftarwards when i painted her od green thanks for your consideration guys. jeep harder.

Entry 10) jsawduste

This YJ was a ground up build by my father and myself.. No donor vehicle to start with. The frame came from the SE. Tub from Arizona. Engine core from Michigan etc.

Some of the main features are as follows;

1. Engine,
4.9 stroker engine with Eagle rods/12 wt. crank. Custom pistons by Diamond Racing. Hesco 274/480 cam pushing Mopar roller rockers. Ported head with 2001 intake and 63mm TB. Edlebrock header into a Stainless steel exhaust.
Fully balanced and blueprinted.

2. Chassis,
SOA with Alcan springs. Bilstein 5150 shocks. HP44 front axle with 5.13 gears/Detroit locker/LPW girdle/Superior shafts and CTM U-joints. 8.8 rear axle that has been heavily modified. TNT truss/Detroit locker/5.13 gears/Moser chromo shafts/Mark Williams billet steel main caps and LPW girdle. Ford Torino big bearing ends which get rid of the C-Clips. Wheelbase extended 2 inches in front and 2 inches rear. 37 inch Maxxis Creeply Crawlers on 10 inch Beadlocks and also 37 MT/R`s on Beadlocks..

3. Driveline
Centerforce dual plate clutch spinning an NV4500 trans and Atlas 3.8 Transfercase. 1 ton Chevy Hydroboost brakes. Full PSC steering system-pump/box and ram assist.

4. Body and Interior
TNT tube fenders, sliders and rear Crusher corners. Sprayed completely with a 2 tone Herculiner both inside and out. Including the hardtop. Mastecraft front and rear seats. Each with there own 5 point harnesses. Full cage of 1 3/4 DOM that is tied to the frame. All Autometer gages in a custom dash. LED lights for turn/CL etc. Alpine, Garmin, Polk, Sony and Uniden complete the entertainment, communication and directional duties. Front bumper by body armor that houses a Warn 9500 winch. Swing out rear bumper with 2 Jerry cans, axe, Hi-Lift jack, shovel and center mount stop light. Halogen back up lights in bumper face.

5. Misc
Kilby OBA, Carling rocker switches, Piaa Driving and Fog lights. LED tail lights. Spal fans. Twin Optima Yellow Top batteries with 2/0 cables.

This YJ gets wheeled all over the state of Michigan and surrounding areas. As well as serving as a taxi for the kids soccer games and errands.

In addition we have built a matching off road trailer that rolls on 37`s also.

rustywrangler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I voted nate, because he put a ton of time and heart into his rig.

It would have been easier to vote jsaw, because his rig is really bad ***, but it reminds me of how bad I dont have the money to mod my jeep right now haha

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

It's just soooo! tough to choose only one
Nate, you did a beautiful job and truly captured the essence of Jeepin'
But I had to go with Xtremjeep, the fabrication is what got my vote. Why buy it when you can build it better!!!

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
daox
swampbutt

1990 YJ Wrangler 

wow guys! thats all i gotta say! you all have awesome jeeps and if i could vote more then once i would have... i had to agree with JLCO8JK, the custom fab work was a big seller for more, i think more so because i wish i could do it lol

1990 YJ Build
daox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
+Crusader+

Nates, great job buddy, looks nice!

... but I gotta vote for Delta347 ... great movie, and great job on your Jeep!!
Unread 12-16-2009, 03:31 AM   #6
JIBTEXHNKA
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i can't not vote for nate; the difference between the before and after pictures is just incredible.

i definitely give my second place nomination to Delta's <s>tank</s> jeep Sheila because i've seriously considered painting my jeep like that but decided i didn't want to put the time into it. that's absolutey friggin' awesome.
JIBTEXHNKA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
texas_yj
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had to vote for nate, that jeep has come a long, long ways
Sold) 94 YJ, 4.0L 5 sp manual, Hard top, 33/12.50s, 4.10 ring&pinions, Polished D30 w/Aussie front, 8.8 rear w/ LS, 2.5" RC, 2" BL, 5/8" booms, TJ flares, SYE, custom F/R bumpers and rock sliders, 8k winch, dual optimas, HO alt.

2) (Sold) 99 TJ, mustang 5.0 GT 40, AX15/231J, trektop, 37x12.50r17 cooper STT, superlift 6" long arm, D30/44 w/ ARBs & yukons, customized warn bumpers, custom sliders, 12K winch w/ synthetic rope, custom paint

3) 2007 JKU being built now
texas_yj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I voted KMA. Maybe if he finally wins someone else's Jeep will get a chance to join the running for YJOTM.
bgredjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

It's going to be tough choices this month.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nate, Delta, and Godzirra. Eenie, meenie, miney, moe.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
KMA Krawler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I voted KMA. Maybe if he finally wins someone else's Jeep will get a chance to join the running for YJOTM.
This wll be my last entry...my vote goes to nate. Alot of hard work went into that rig and his pictures are within the rules. Good luck nate

"UNANSWERED THREADS"

Last edited by KMA Krawler; 12-16-2009 at 09:34 AM..
KMA Krawler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I voted for Nate, guess I need to build mine more if I want to make the cut.
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA Krawler View Post
This wll be my last entry...my vote goes to nate. Alot of hard work went into that rig and his pictures are within the rules. Good luck nate
Curious, why will it be your last entry???

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ari the Jeep looks a lot different since the old days of Corral Canyon.

Unread 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
Brads_nky_yj

There are so many good choices in this months competition. I voted for Nate. His jeep looks amazing and the amount of work and effore he has put in it is ridiculous. Awesome job Nate!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.