I started working on getting new capacitors in my ECU. I went to Radio Shack and got the needed replacements. They had them in stock. As the other threads on this subject state, getting the gel off is the hardest part.
Here are some pics of the process:
Popping the cover off is really easy
Here you can see the three that need changed
Then you just take your utility knife and cut around the perimeter of the gel/board and gently lift it out. Here you can see how thick the gel is.
More pics to follow on this as well. After I got it out it was 23:30 and time for BED.
UPDATE (MAY 18th):
Finished the brain surgery. It wasn't as hard as I thought. The hardest part is getting all of the gel out of the way on both sides. Then it's just getting the old ones out, the new ones in and then sealed back up. Here are some pics:
Old ones out
Gel off back side
New ones in
Sealed up with 100% silicone
DONE! Won't know if it worked until 1; I get everything back together and 2; when it gets cold again.