The time has come (to get more lift!!) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The time has come (to get more lift!!)

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-26-2003, 10:07 PM   #1
WranglerYJ94

The time has come (to get more lift!!)

Well finally the time has come! I have the money to do a new lift this spring. Right now I have those crappy Pep Boys shackles with 31x10.50x15 A/T's on 15x8 chrome Pacer bullethole rims. Well as most of you already assumed, the ride completely sucks with the shackles. The only reason I've been running them the past several months is because I haven't done much wheeling and I have been broke! haha. Well anyways, I'm finally getting to do a suspension lift. I'm going to stick with my 31x10.50's because I have a 4cyl and I do not want to regear. I am thinking about going with a 2" BDS, 2.5" Skyjacker, 2.5" Trailmaster, or 2.5" Rancho. On top of that, I will probably do a 1 or 2" body lift, just because I like the looks of added tire/fender clearance. I'm sure this has been asked over and over but search is down...what is the best suspension lift kit for YJ's on 31s? I will probably go with the 2" BDS with a 2" body lift. Will I have any other mods to do such as driveline, etc? Anyone have any pics of a YJ with a 2-2.5" susp. lift with a 1 or 2" body lift on 31s??? Thanks.
John

Flowmaster exhaust
Lights
Lotsa 'stuff'
WranglerYJ94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 12:00 AM   #2
jt_Jeep

2.5" lift

I'm running 32s on my 95 yj with 2.5" lift without problem and I didn't lost lot of power too...you need t-case lowering kit or you'll have vibration...
I have pic of my jeep but I don't know how to post it..anyhelp?

jt
jt_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 12:57 AM   #3
Lavacrawler

I'd go with the BDS springs. They hold their strength really well and are an excellent spring for a springover.(just incase you want more later on)
With a 2.5" you shouldn't have to worry about modifying your driveline any.
If you want more tire clearance try stopping at a 1" body lift and adding some tj flares.
[B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.snakeriveroffroaders.com"]www.snakeriveroffroaders.com[/URL][/COLOR][/B]
Lavacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.