Throw out bearing lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Throw out bearing lines

JK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off RoadDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Mrtibbs78
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Throw out bearing lines

Hey I'm have problems with the lines from my throw out bearing they are bent beyond repair and just wont stay flush, hence I am leaking hydraulic fluid. I have tried desperately to find the lines but apparently they're like the Bigfoot of autoparts. Anyone I've talked to tells me to fab them out of break line. I'm a jeep newbe really how difficult is this and what do I need to do to trust them. Any help is mightily appreciated. Oh 87 wrangler Laredo inline 6 4 liter. Thanks

Mrtibbs78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

LuK brand clutches sells a slave cylinder (part number LSC269) for your '87 YJ with a 4.2L engine with the lines included.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Flajeeper1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
LuK brand clutches sells a slave cylinder (part number LSC269) for your '87 YJ with a 4.2L engine with the lines included.

Max
Whoa Max. You and I discussed that the internal throwout bearing/slave cylinder wasn't available separately for the 6 cylinder engine model AX-15. Is there a separate slave/throwout assembly available separately from the clutch assembly for the 6 cyl?
Flajeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Not-Bob
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Is it the lines coming off the slave just coming out of the bellhousing or the lines that connect from there going to the clutch master. Either way, if you didnt feel comfortable bending your own brake/hydraulic lines what about getting the steel braided ones from a hose shop or auto parts store?
Unread 04-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
Mrtibbs78
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not-Bob its the lines going into the clutch master. My neighbor has the splicer and there is a potential to fab them out of brake line but....I really was just hoping to find the part. I've seen all the pictures online and everyone of the throwout bearings display the lines yet none actually come with them. I take it really my only option is to fabricate them.
Unread 04-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flajeeper1

Whoa Max. You and I discussed that the internal throwout bearing/slave cylinder wasn't available separately for the 6 cylinder engine model AX-15. Is there a separate slave/throwout assembly available separately from the clutch assembly for the 6 cyl?
I had never seen them available separately before, but when I researched for this thread I found them available at www.carolinaclutch.com and at www.dial-a-clutch.com

Max

Sent from my HTC Incredible Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
Mrtibbs78
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Okay let me update this, I'm an idiot, I did mention that I am a newbie right? Anyway its the lines into the bell housing, the concern (by someone much more technically skilled than myself) is if the lines are made of break line at the end line curves sharply so there is concern of potentially pinching the line. Anyway I have a couple phone calls to make and if necessary we will have to fab them. So begs the question if anyone out there has had to do this before.....any advice? Again thank you guys for all of your help.
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Mrtibbs78
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Found the part

Just in case anyone is looking you can purchase the part complete with lines at

phoenixfriction.com part # csc269

Thanks everyone for their help I am certain this won't be the last time I post.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.