throttle cable to long/ weber throttle hookup issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > throttle cable to long/ weber throttle hookup issue

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Lrasser
1998 TJ Wrangler 

throttle cable to long/ weber throttle hookup issue

I upgraded to a weber 32/36 a few months back and ever since my throttle cable is too tight. It's not the cable since I tried 2 others. When i replaced the cable it seems too long now. since the hookup on a weber uses the original throttle linkage im a bit confused. I have to put a spacer on the gas pedal to pull out slack. It also seems too long so I almost need to coil it on the engine compartment. I ordered a new cable and I got the exact same cable and has the same issue. It will move smooth once off idle but sticks a bit when from a stop. If i disconnect the the cable all the linkage moved perfectly.

Has anyone experienced this while hooking up a weber? If so How did you resolve it? Is there a different cable that can be used or a different way to hook it up?

Lrasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.