throttle body issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > throttle body issues

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Unread 09-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
pinnick-46
1990 YJ Wrangler 

throttle body issues

hey guys, i have a 1990 yj with the 4.2l and a howell jp-1 throttle body on it, and i just replaced 90% of the wiring harness, and few other things, and when i was done, today i started it up and after running for a few minutes it started running decent, so i drove it a bit and parked it, and it wouldnt start again, and it looks like the throttle body is spraying the fuel in after i stop cranking the engine, and if i letr it sit for about a half hour itll catch and fire, and it has me rather stumped

pinnick-46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds just like a weak crankshaft position sensor. Heat causes the weak ones to stop working, and the engine shuts down and won't restart. Let it sit awhile and cool down and it will restart. Just an idea.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Do a leakdown test on injectors
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
pinnick-46
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Turns out the ecm wast getting power while the engine was cranking, only when the key was in run mode
pinnick-46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.