For those of you with an iPhone... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > For those of you with an iPhone...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
biasdesign
1994 YJ Wrangler 

For those of you with an iPhone...

Thought I had found a great storage place for my iPhone - it fits pretty snugly and you can see incoming calls...

Unfortunately, I decided to make a right-hand turn and the phone didn't - BAM, face plant on the pavement!

Learn form me - I'm an idiot.

biasdesign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry dude but thats some funny S*&%
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's funny right there.

I bet you took the first pic thinking "This is awesome I'll post this up on Jeepforum" and then smash!

Sucks. If you have the insurance through your carrier they will replace it. Also I think you can have the screen replaced for a hundred online and $120 in an Apple store.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
biasdesign
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This first pic is a buddy's iPhone - taken after the tragedy for reference.

And heck with fixing it, that's cash I could use on the YJ!!! haha

Besides, the phone now has "character".
biasdesign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks. Coulda seen that one coming though!

i'll sell u a dead 2g iphone with working screen for cheap, u can pull the screen and pop it in ur working phone with broken screen.
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

I just picked up an Ipod classic and am looking for a decent place to put it. I used to throw my old one into the center console when I was plugged into my headunit but my new locking ammo can center console doesnt really afford me that opportunity. I think I might just end up getting one of those cell phone holders that mounts to the dash or something.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

lol...my other 1/2 done the same thing once,she decided for some dumb reason she would put her cell phone on the dash in our YJ,we was out shopping in town with the doors off...i took a left turn at a light pretty sharp,the phone slid off the dash and some how ended up flying into a window of a little honda prelude that was turning left from the opposite side of the road.....
Should of seen me makin a U'ee on the medium strip into traffic and chasin the guy down..lol

I've lost a few sunglasses that way too,being hard headed and NOT thinking...lol
I also just ruined my Alltel Razr phone last week,put it on the passenger seat while working on the console,forgot it was there,left to go somewhere,never noticed it gone,coming home noticed something in our private drive,stopped and looked,,was my phone in 6 peices where the jeep ran it over..lol..i ended up gettin a better phone anyhow,an LG Banter for 50.00 and a mail in rebate for 50.00,so it was for free anyhow...
Hey..i know know..but im soon to be 49 years old..still tryin to get used to carryin around all these new digital and electronic gadgets of nowadays..lol
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
charred
1995 YJ Wrangler 

lol, that sucks dude... i have a lg voyager and put it in the same spot... must be thicker though because it fits in there snugly and doesnt move
charred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.